Many years ago, Sydney employees who had experienced electrical shocks without any serious harm simply continued working as if nothing happened. But in today’s world, a minor electric shock is a notifiable event.
The AS/NZS 3760:2022 specifies the number of times within which you will have to test and tag equipment depending on the type of environment the appliances are located or being used. The Local Guys – Test and Tag Callaghan can be your trusted technician for testing appliances. So, what happens if you don’t test and tag? The following are dangers you need to watch out for in your workplace.
The Areas we services in Sydney are:
Sydney, Newcastle, Bateau Bay, Blacktown, Castlehill, Penrith, Tweed Heads, Wollongong, Lambton, Callaghan, Kotara, Sandgate, Birmingham Gardens, Fern Bay, Kooragang, Warners Bay, Belmont, Batemans Bay, Central Coast, Maitland, Williams River, Terrigal, Singleton, Shearwater, Port Macquarie, Gosford, Avoca Beach, Charlestown, Cessnock, Figtree, Windang, Port Kembla, Warrawong, Corrimal, Dapto, Shellharbour, Albion Park Rail, Unanderra, Kiama
Workplaces that don’t undergo tests and tags fail to detect electrical faults. Workplaces that neglect the essential practice of testing and tagging are at risk of overlooking potentially dangerous electrical faults. This lapse in proper testing procedures not only jeopardizes the safety of employees and the integrity of equipment but also disregards legal and regulatory requirements that mandate regular checks. Failing to address this issue not only leaves workplaces vulnerable to accidents and injuries resulting from undetected faults but also exposes them to potential legal consequences and financial liabilities due to non-compliance with established safety standards.